Saturday, December 8, 2007

So it's a Saturday

I'm laid up on the couch after having laproscopic surgery yesterday. I figure now is as good a time as any to start a blog.

I feel like tick that has indulged in a bit too much blood. Bloated and sore, all I can really do is roll from one uncomfortable position to another. If you've never been pumped full of air, you probably can't imagine what it feels like. The sheer pressure of it is painful in it's own right, then there are the incisions that hurt.

It's a good excuse to eat chocolate cake. Lots of homemade chocolate cake, with homemade cream cheese frosting. I'll post the recipe as soon as I make a section for that.

I have three finals left to take and then this semester is over. Algebra 100, Interpersonal Communications, and English 102. I did the University 101 final this morning. If you've never taken University 101, let me try to explain it. It's "how to succeed in college for idiots." I've have not come across a class so designed for imbeciles as this one. If you are in college and still do not know how to use a daily planner, write a resume, or take notes, learning to do those tasks are the least of your concerns. How a person like that made it out of high school is beyond me. That is definitely one textbook I will be selling back to the college. I can't believe I had to spend $80 on a book that tells me how to be a student.

I should go lay down. My abdomen feels as though a midget has lodged himself inside me and is struggling desperately to escape.

No comments: